Thursday, September 10, 2009

This is the reason why I fell in love with Japan...well second to my fiance!

The food was absolutely out of this world. I said to our hostess that the best part about Japanese Cuisine the way I was introduced to it, is the presentation.  Such attention to detail completely favored my taste palate and buds!  I took time to take the picture of each of our dinner dish. The small containers, the chopsticks, the mezcla of sweet, sour and bitter was at time overwhelming.  The way our food was served encouraged conversation, appreciation, admiration and at times lots of respectful flirting. It is at the table that I discovered how much my love enjoys pickled foods. He has never asked me to master any culinary forms and said during one of our first dates " I cook for survival". Well not really as I later discovered that his breakfasts are heavenly.  Nevertheless he made a comment about how much he loves pickled foods ...an my internal voice said, girl you better gear up and learn to cook or pickle.....Somethin'! I am looking forward to delicacy and art form associate with Japanese cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment